I'm Liz, and I'm a librarian (duh)

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The year that was

Well, despite my best intentions I have not been the best blogger this year--I did all right the first half of the year but then things sort of spiraled out of control...but here we are at the end of the year and I feel sort of compelled to make some kind of year end statement or reflection.

I wish I had something profound to say, but my whole year is pretty well defined by the last three months since my son was born. I am heading back to work right after the new year, on the 3rd. My daughter started preschool, which only underscores the fact that she is definitely not a baby anymore, plus she turns 4 on Monday. Just three days ago, the baby rolled over for the first time, and yesterday he had his first cereal, so he's getting big too. I'm still exhausted, and I have no idea how I'm going to get myself and the two kids out of the house my 7 am everyday, but at least once I go back to work I'll have something else to worry about than the last time somebody ate or pooped or took a nap.

On that note, crying child #1 has arisen from his nap. Happy new year!

No comments: