I'm Liz, and I'm a librarian (duh)

Monday, September 24, 2007

Art Linkletter was right!

It's been a while since I have really had a funny conversation with one of the kids, but on Saturday one of our regulars came in, someone I haven't seen all summer, and we were talking about what he'd been doing for the last couple of months. I don't remember how the subject changed (maybe he just changed it), but he wanted to guess how old I was (occupational hazard when working with kids). He made a guess, a pretty close guess, but then proceeded to tell me WHY he knew I wasn't "old." Peering very closely, really taking his time, he said that number one, I don't wear earrings like old ladies wear. Also, my hair isn't gray and it's very bouncy. So there you have it--the secrets of eternal youth. Forget botox, peels--the earrings don't lie.

1 comment:

maura said...

great story liz. but you forgot to tell us, what kinds of earrings do old ladies wear?