I'm Liz, and I'm a librarian (duh)

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hi Everyone!

This is it, my foray into the blogosphere...can you feel the electricity in the air? I know, the Ferguson world has been perched on the edge of their seats, waiting to hear my thoughts and insights. Well, the wait is over!

Today is a good day to start, because it is also the first day of my Two's Company storytime, which will run for the next 5 weeks, and who knows--maybe they'll give me some fun and interesting fodder. They always entertain me.

I am about 3/4 of the way through a very interesting book from our teen section, Freak Show by James St. James. About a teen drag queen transplanted from our own Darien, CT to the bowels of rural FL, attending a very conservative private school for ridiculously wealthy problem children. Hilarity, as you might expect, does not ensue. He's running for homecoming queen now--I'll let you know if he survives.

2 comments:

maura said...

chris crocker anyone?

libraryliz said...

I finished the book--he lives happily ever after!